• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changing existing BU sets to include Proofs?

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to know how you can take an existing set that's already been on since 2007 as a First Day BU issue set (President dollars) and now include proof coins from recent graded as First day and add them into the category and retitled it to First Day issue Complete?

I collected only BU coins as they are easier to keep in good condition than proof coins. I don't have any proof president dollars.

I have been the #1 all NGC Registry set holder and won awards almost yearly, many times on this set. I feel like you are sidelining me through another more adept collector by changing the set composition to include proof coins and find myself scrambling now to acquire these coins to maintain my 1st place status. Also it's not coins (proof) I wanted to have as they are higher maintenance to keep spot free.

Proofs should be with Proofs

Uncirculated should be with Uncirculated

Assign more points as a first day proof as was done with the BU coins

Perhaps we can put some BU in a proof set first release sets too, across the board. Ridiculous.

PS, Sidelining as the Points value drops first last year, and now the proofs are 3 times a MS67 FDI. I was passed by 2 people, not by their BU first day issues but by their recent 4 to 8 proof coins they added!

I am sure glad I went online to see my sets status since I never received any notification of the set change!

Thanks, Robert

• Administrator

Hello, Robert.

Thank you for the feedback. This set was initially created with the specific and unique theme of "First Day of Issue" dollars in mind. 2015 is the first year that we have the PROOF version of First Day of Issue for Presidential dollars. Therefore, this is why the PROOF FDI coins are now included in this set. If you prefer to organize your collection differently, we do have the separate sets here:

Presidential Dollars, 2007-Date, Mint State

Presidential Dollars, 2007-Date, Proof

Or, you may create a Custom NGC Registry Set, as well. We will look at the 2015 and 2016 scores after the awards temporary freeze period has passed. If you need any assistance, please let us know. Thank you.