• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giveaway- One unopened roll of 2016- D Roosevelt's from DDR lot!

4 posts in this topic

Here are the rules ladies and gents: If you figured out all the accompanying questions to the clues, and have the answers, post on this thread PM sent, and send your answers to me via PM only- DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE or that will disqualify you. You can only submit one time. This post is listed here, and ATS. The first PM, here, or, ATS with all the questions below the clues answered correctly, and in their entirety, will receive (1) roll containing an unknown amount of WDDR-002, WDDR-003A’s, and WDDR-003B’s. I have no idea of what any one roll contains. I have found 27 such DDR’s out of 7 rolls searched out of this lot. A few rolls contained a couple, and some had up to five. None of the rolls I searched were duds. So, you are bound to find at least a few, or, possibly more but I can give no guarantees what you might find. A few of the rolls had a few 2015-D’s, go figure.

A few helpful hints in solving the clues: The six clues follow from first to last a sequence with denominations, starting with first clue -1c, second clue -5c, third - 10c, etc., continued to $1.

Tools necessary for solving clues: Would be necessary to have access to a 2001 54th edition Red Book for one clue, and a Cherrypickers 5th addition, vol. II would be helpful for one other clue. Five of the six are listed in Coin World price guide. Search the internet, or, utilize your own resources. I’ll announce winner Sunday 7pm EST. if there is one; if not, I’ll keep giveaway open till November 25th, 7pm EST. I’ve marked the 8 rolls I have- 1 through 8, winner can pick one number they want. Enjoy your searching, and good luck!

CLUES AND QUESTIONS

This popular DDO was mentioned in a novella, several of his novels became movies. I can’t place my finger on “It,” but this coin is mentioned in another.

Question: What is the name of the author, novella, and this coin’s type, and year/mint?

There really are two Monticello’s, a hilltop and a home. What was the going price for the pair in the 2001 Red Book if in MS65 condition?

Question: What is the coin type, and year/mint, and the 2001 54th edition Red Book price in MS65 condition.

Miss the 1980’s? This variety was found in circulation at an “amusement park.” It’s missing something…watch your “P’s,” forget the “Q’s.” You won’t be seeing double.

Question: What is the coin type, and year/mint, and the name of the amusement park.

Make up your mind already! Light motto, heavy motto, what’s this? “I cannot tell a lie…” a double die too?

Question: What is the coin type, and year/mint.

You may like the way she Walks; but she’ll pass you by if your wallet isn’t fat. “Unknown above fine, this variety is very elusive. Extremely strong doubling is evident on the date…” Bill and J.T.’s words- not mine.

Question: What is the coin type, year/mint, and (FS) number.

Be careful with those Lips, this DDO could burn a hole in your pocket if she’s a lustrous beauty.

166130.jpg.3c396e107ea7f446946e1a8251bce605.jpg

Offer closed at 7pm but thank you all for this platform to share, and those that viewed thread, or, participated. Here are the answers:

This popular DDO was mentioned in a novella, several of his novels became movies. I can’t place my finger on “It,” but this coin is mentioned in another.

Question: What is the name of the author, novella, and this coin’s type, and year/mint?

Answer: Stephen King, “A Good Marriage,” Lincoln Cent, 1955 P.

There really are two Monticello’s, a hilltop and a home. What was the going price for the pair in the 2001 Red Book if in MS65 condition?

Question: What is the coin type, and year/mint, and the 2001 54th edition Red Book price in MS65 condition.

Answer: Jefferson Nickel, 1939 P, $600.

Miss the 1980’s? This variety was found in circulation at an “amusement park.” It’s missing something…watch your “P’s,” forget the “Q’s.” You won’t be seeing double.

Question: What is the coin type, and year/mint, and the name of the amusement park.

Answer: Roosevelt Dime, 1982 P no “P”, Cedar Point.

Make up your mind already! Light motto, heavy motto, what’s this? “I cannot tell a lie…” a double die too?

Answer: Washington Quarter, 1934 P.

You may like the way she Walks; but she’ll pass you by if your wallet isn’t fat. “Unknown above fine, this variety is very elusive. Extremely strong doubling is evident on the date…” Bill and J.T.’s words- not mine.

Question: What is the coin type, year/mint, and (FS) number.

Answer: Liberty Walking Half, 1936 P, FS-101.

Be careful with those Lips, this DDO could burn a hole in your pocket if she’s a lustrous beauty.

Answer: Morgan Dollar, 1888 O.

Happy hunting!!!!!

Rich