• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Service Level Policy Change

13 posts in this topic

I just noticed that the "Value Tier" for world coins say: All world coins 1955 to date valued at $300 or less each. Five (5) coin minimum.

Is the "1955 to date" new? I swear that wasn't there when I read it a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I've got some coins in now that are a tad bit older than 1955 - say about 400 years older or so. blush.gif No one said anything when I dropped them off in person.

If this is correct, then that means all foreign coins older that 1955 and not gold must go thru the Standard Tier at $28 each. That seems like a lot.

Submissions for the world coin value tier can be of any date. The 1955 date is erroneous and applies to the US modern tier. Your coins that are about 400 years older are perfectly OK for this service. Also, you expressed concern there is no express service for world coins. Generally, the expensive world coins are very time consuming and take a great deal of research and attribution compared to other submissions. Therefore, the jump to walk thru. We are keeping the turn around times to a minimum on all levels of world coin submissions, this is why we are now asking all world coins be seperated from their US counterparts. It will really help the processing of the orders and allow us to provide better service.

Hey, while you're at it, maybe you can get the web guy to update the eBay/online submission form too. I wouldn't mind sending a batch in that way. Don't even care about the 10% discount, really. Just hate all the stupid "clubs" I usually have to join wink.gif I've got so many friggin' passwords I can't keep them all straight anymore shocked.gif

• Administrator

Oops I see the mistake on the website regarding the description of the Value tier. I'll fix it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

blush.gif

• Administrator

We are working on updating the online forms to accomodate the new World tiers. Sorry for the delay on that. Since World coins must be submitted separately from US coins, it wasn't a small (or quick) modification.

If the 10 day turnaround is right, I can wait... about a month and a half, to be exact. They'd still get back to me faster than sending to ANACS today shocked.gif Might be another typo tho, I dunno. Pretty sure I can round up 5 coins, however. It's a struggle for me to gather the 10 PCGS now requires for world economy. Makes the decision easy.

Crito, if you have problems meeting the minimum, let me know. I'll be happy to submit them for you.

Of course I'm talking about submitting to NGC only.

Thanks Greg, I might take you up on it some time. I'm assembling an Ionian Islands type set, as well as a Peruvian Sol set by die variety. This little fellow needs some plastic protection. Considering the salt air environment, it's a miracle of preservation wink.gif

125083-1862.jpg

125083-1862.jpg.4f0b40aa232639b74be8c630eb6220b6.jpg

I saw that. And David Hall said the reason they don't is that it would take 6 months to return economy world coins. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

When they had the service, I submitted a few and they were returned in about a month.

NGC has been able to get my world coins back in about under a month. They also only charged me $9.90 ($11 - 10% online discount).

Which service will I be submitting to in the future. laugh.gif

PCGS brought world economy service back at $16 per, min 5 coin submission. I'm probably sending my Ionian Lepton to ANACS however. Small coins look better in a small holder IMHO. Might try NGC and their imaging service with some wild end roll toned US coins I can't decide what to do with. $3 per isn't bad, especially after I wasted a couple hours last night trying to do it on a scanner... ugh wink.gif

David Hall mentioned that economy world would probably take 6 months. I think that I will stick to NGC for my world.

The price sure is right! When I get some Peruvian Soles (crown size) to slab, NGC will likely get them. Besides, I've submitted to everyone else already, so it NGC's turn grin.gif Probably would have already if it weren't for all the stupid clubs you're supposed to join. Will try the eBay form again.