• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seated Dollar Market

46 posts in this topic

Getting back to the original subject, it is relatively easy to research ebay back 90 days on how numismatics are selling, especially no problem, properly imaged, NGC/PCGS certified at grades you can look up on Greysheet. HA has excellent archives easily accessed.

Compared the the common Morgan and Peace dollars, I spoke to a dealer who bought over 1700 of those yesterday at $15 each and sent a couple bulk submissions to NGC this month--try finding Seated dollars in any quantity by comparison. The 1871 a common date as well as others can sell if they have eye appeal and no problems. In Unc. a hobby leader told me collectors like them untoned. On pop. figures and pricing there are plenty of anomalies like the 1886-O with small survivor populations. I didn't intend anything offensive to "synoptic" and hope he is able to share specific numismatic collectibles here.

Synoptic's post on the market was one of the weirdest I have seen in a long time.

Look to waters out of your own well.

Synoptic.... I feel like we have gotten off to the wrong foot. (And by "we" I mean you, me, and the rest of the forum). I feel like "we" don't really understand each other. You keep posting these strong opinions, but they often disagree with the collective knowledge of the board (and the language/culture of the forums is sometimes at odds with your own). You also seem to be rubbing many of our most respected, experienced, and knowledgeable members the wrong way (Mark Feld, for example, is widely known and highly respected in our community). I don't often recommend this, but for you I think it may be important:

Why don't you post a bit and tell us about yourself: Where are you from? What do you collect? How long have you been in the hobby? What is your experience level?

"We" seem to be getting into a series of disagreements and misunderstandings.... but we may be able to mitigate this if we know a bit more about where you are coming from.

You look for the speck in my eye but you have a log in your own eye.

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I mean. I'm trying to help you integrate into the community, learn a bit about you, and make peace.... and you give me this. I'm not looking for any specks.... I just asked you to describe yourself and your numismatic history/experience.

We don't understand each other. (And when I say "we", I mean both that I don't understand you, and that the community as a whole doesn't understand you.) Help me understand you (and feel free to ask me/us any questions you want).

I'm not at the "get frustrated and write you off" phase yet.... but you aren't making this easy, either.

Are you posing a threat here?

I'm really not sure how you got a threat out of this? I am asking about you, and I am getting frustrated by your non-responses and mis-interpretations. If you help us understand yourself, we can avoid this frustration.

If you feel frustrated, try prayer to overcome your frailties.

Ah, I understand now Synoptic. You are a troll.

I have now reached the "frustrated and write you off" phase. I have put you on "ignore" - which means that I can no longer see your posts.

This will be my last response to you. I highly encourage all other posters to follow suit. I don't know who you are, but have a nice life.

To the OP - sorry for hijacking your thread. I think your question was answered, but we can now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Ah, I understand now Synoptic. You are a troll.

I have now reached the "frustrated and write you off" phase. I have put you on "ignore" - which means that I can no longer see your posts.

This will be my last response to you. I highly encourage all other posters to follow suit. I don't know who you are, but have a nice life.

To the OP - sorry for hijacking your thread. I think your question was answered, but we can now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Forget About It.

Synoptic's post on the market was one of the weirdest I have seen in a long time.

Look to waters out of your own well.

Synoptic.... I feel like we have gotten off to the wrong foot. (And by "we" I mean you, me, and the rest of the forum). I feel like "we" don't really understand each other. You keep posting these strong opinions, but they often disagree with the collective knowledge of the board (and the language/culture of the forums is sometimes at odds with your own). You also seem to be rubbing many of our most respected, experienced, and knowledgeable members the wrong way (Mark Feld, for example, is widely known and highly respected in our community). I don't often recommend this, but for you I think it may be important:

Why don't you post a bit and tell us about yourself: Where are you from? What do you collect? How long have you been in the hobby? What is your experience level?

"We" seem to be getting into a series of disagreements and misunderstandings.... but we may be able to mitigate this if we know a bit more about where you are coming from.

You look for the speck in my eye but you have a log in your own eye.

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I mean. I'm trying to help you integrate into the community, learn a bit about you, and make peace.... and you give me this. I'm not looking for any specks.... I just asked you to describe yourself and your numismatic history/experience.

We don't understand each other. (And when I say "we", I mean both that I don't understand you, and that the community as a whole doesn't understand you.) Help me understand you (and feel free to ask me/us any questions you want).

I'm not at the "get frustrated and write you off" phase yet.... but you aren't making this easy, either.

Are you posing a threat here?

There is nothing threatening about his posts. He was reaching out to you, and you appear to be unable or unwilling to accept that reality.

The reality is that the many remain blind, only believing in their own doctrine to interject polluted principles which is all meaningless diatribe. To be very honest, this is the specific reason as to why God removed Robert Chambers from this world. God loved Robert more than any. Some, if not the many may not comprehend the level of spiritual understanding, as to look upon others as themselves. Rather, bias, jealously and prejudice take hold upon them to bring division. You can see in my profile what I'm attached to and of my belief. If you seek to deny the truth or follow after darkness, that is your decision. If my flesh were not weak, I would not be present.

Getting back to the original subject, it is relatively easy to research ebay back 90 days on how numismatics are selling, especially no problem, properly imaged, NGC/PCGS certified at grades you can look up on Greysheet. HA has excellent archives easily accessed.

Compared the the common Morgan and Peace dollars, I spoke to a dealer who bought over 1700 of those yesterday at $15 each and sent a couple bulk submissions to NGC this month--try finding Seated dollars in any quantity by comparison. The 1871 a common date as well as others can sell if they have eye appeal and no problems. In Unc. a hobby leader told me collectors like them untoned. On pop. figures and pricing there are plenty of anomalies like the 1886-O with small survivor populations. I didn't intend anything offensive to "synoptic" and hope he is able to share specific numismatic collectibles here.

Thank you very much for the courtesy you displayed. In a sense, I may have been a little abrupt in my remark. In the same light, I meant no offense. Sometimes, I cannot really relate to humor which may be a hindrance to me.

The Heritage archives are a good source of auction prices back as much as 20 years. Has anyone checked historical prices for Seated dollars by date/condition?

Maybe this is a project new member 'synoptic12' can help with?

I'm curious to know if the poster above irritating folks here is multiple people, or rather one poster using the royal "we" for emphasis.

He (the controversial poster) reminds me of the poster that kept referring to himself in the third person for some reason. What was his moniker again? hm

I'm curious to know if the poster above irritating folks here is multiple people, or rather one poster using the royal "we" for emphasis.

He (the controversial poster) reminds me of the poster that kept referring to himself in the third person for some reason. What was his moniker again? hm

I don't know but if there was a ever a time for Mr Knowitall to emerge in a thread it is now. Oh the possibilities

mark

I don't know but if there was a ever a time for Mr Knowitall to emerge in a thread it is now. Oh the possibilities

mark

can't help it and an my apologies to McKnow, but :applause:

Dats a good un!

How come the 'Twilight Zone' music plays when I'm reading this thread ?

Paul

There were a couple things I was thinking of in his using the second person, "we" etc.; the Seinfeld episode where a guy in the sports club referred to himself in the third person, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jimmy Also chapter 16 of Lindsey's "A Voyage to Arcturus" with Leehallfae, etc.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Voyage_to_Arcturus

How come the 'Twilight Zone' music plays when I'm reading this thread ?

Paul

There were a couple things I was thinking of in his using the second person, "we" etc.; the Seinfeld episode where a guy in the sports club referred to himself in the third person, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jimmy Also chapter 16 of Lindsey's "A Voyage to Arcturus" with Leehallfae, etc.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Voyage_to_Arcturus

In the Jimmy episode he referred to himself in the third person .

mark

I was never that good in foreign language classes, or technical grammar ones...

Me neither : )