• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since when can UPS deliver to a PO Box ?

8 posts in this topic

Morning folks,

I have an ANACS submission coming back and my address is a PO Box. They indicated that the carrier is UPS. I always thought that they couldn't deliver to a box. When did this change ? This could have changed the way I've shipped some things to fleabay customers.

Paul

UPS has an agreement with the post office. They will actually deliver it to your post office and the post office will deliver it to your P.O. Box. They do the same for home addresses. I have received several packages from the mint that went UPS-->USPS.

Interesting......

Thanks for the replies !

Paul

Nutmeg, not to mention profit sharing in the form of stock options. Very, very tough job though. Not for the faint of heart, or knees, or back etc......

With UPS it is called Surepost, Fedex has a similar arrangement called Smartpost. The delivery company handles the shipping to get it to the local USPS sorting facility and the the Post Office handles the final delivery to either home. business or PO Box.The US Mint has used Smartpost for years.

That's a new one on me. I've spoken with UPS drivers who can do very well with their salary and OT making over $100K a year in some cases. A good job.
this is true but they do work their tails off for it as well. just saying.

UPS recently signed an agreement with the USPS to do this, and as a consequence UPS hired a lot of very, very short people who can fit into the PO boxes and make deliveries. These same employees are also expert trampoline artists which allows them to reach high box openings.

;)

Well, the shipment did indeed arrive. One odd thing though, I didn't have to sign for it. They put it in one of those lockers and put the locker key in my box. Sure was easy enough for me, just different.

Paul