• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1960D Lincoln cent

8 posts in this topic

Don't spend it. Save any cent '81 or older. They are 95% copper and worth more than face value. Currently nobody buying these but I've got at least a hundred pounds accumulated over the years. Maybe I can find someone to make some large medals or sculptures.

Don't spend it. Save any cent '81 or older. They are 95% copper and worth more than face value. Currently nobody buying these but I've got at least a hundred pounds accumulated over the years. Maybe I can find someone to make some large medals or sculptures.

Good luck! If you are basing it on full pure copper melt price, remember that the cost to melt and refine the coin would eat up most of the profits.

Depends on your objective. What would be your reasoning for having it graded? That is needed to give you good advice.

If your reasoning is to make money on it, then I highly doubt based on that photo that grading it would make any sense. Not only that, but if you would be grading it to make money. Learn how to grade first or at least have someone who is known to be a solid grader look at it and tell you where it would grade first.

That's my thoughts