• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is going to the Charlotte ANA show?

9 posts in this topic

Who all is going to the show? I'm going to the grading class and the show. I know a couple of you all will be there (who replied across the street), but thought I'd see if anyone here is (who didn't reply there).

Neil, you know I will be there but I have a question. I received my ANA associate submission pack today, and nowhere in it does it discuss how NGC prefers coins to be submitted. I would assume the 2 1/2 crown size flips with polybag inserts. Do they require a sticker with invoice number on each flip like PCGS does? And can we just put the coins in a large envelope and hand them to NGC at the show? Or do we have to box them as if we were going to mail them?

I got the same pack as you so I'm in the same boat. I asked this question earlier and everyone said they'll walk us through the procedure at the booth. I'd say that the packaging requirements will be similar.

OK, I guess just to be safe mark the line number and invoice number on each flip. I was surprised, I really expected a instruction sheet on how to actually package the coins for submission.

Their submission package says (or used to say) to put them in bags and flips. Then put a piece of paper with the invoice and line number in the other side of the flip.

I found this to be a pain and asked about it. They said there is no need to do it and it is really a safety precaution.

I haven't put any invoice/line number on the flips for my last few submissions and I've had no problems.

When you drop them off at the show you can just give them the flips and invoices. No need to box them up.

OK, thanks Greg. PCGS still insists that you label each flip, and as you said it is a pain. I went over all the material in the submission pack I got today and there was nothing in it in regard to packaging the coins. So I will just fill out the submission form and hand it to them with the coins and I should be all set, and I won't have to wait 2+ months to get my coins back.

I will be there with bells on and at my bourse table, hopefully for the entire event from the opening bell on Friday to the closing gong on Sunday. Please stop by and say hello. Best

Julian

I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all. I was going to put a little tag under my name tag saying I'm NWCS from PCGS's Forums... Guess I need to amend that a little. smile.gif I wasn't kicked off, but I'm ticked off over there.