• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funky Punch Board Walking Liberty Silver Halfs

6 posts in this topic

Howdy folks, was wondering if anyone had seen a punch board like this before and could provide a rough grade for the Walking Liberty Silver Halfs that are contained under the plastic. Completely understand that it may not be possible because they are under the plastic but any thoughts are appreciated. There is basically a large plastic sticker holding them into the punch board and the 12 halfs go in order from 1936-1947. No clue what the back of them looks like as they're sealed into the punch board. I'm looking to sell eventually but am trying to get a gauge of what exactly I have first and whether or not I should simply just remove them from the board. Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Gn822fuh.jpg

7hJ2KJDh.jpg

T695TKoh.jpg

I would think that regardless of the grades the intact board would be worth more to a punch board collector. I've never seen one with halves and dollars.

Check out this completed sale on the bay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-CHARMER-NUDE-PUNCH-BOARD-with-1951-COINS-NICKELS-DIMES-QUARTERS-HALVES-/391507340792

Can you see the reverse of the halves? A 1938-D would be worth $100.00 or more.

I would think that regardless of the grades the intact board would be worth more to a punch board collector. I've never seen one with halves and dollars.

Check out this completed sale on the bay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-CHARMER-NUDE-PUNCH-BOARD-with-1951-COINS-NICKELS-DIMES-QUARTERS-HALVES-/391507340792

Can you see the reverse of the halves? A 1938-D would be worth $100.00 or more.

thanks brother! Very helpful. I'll prob just go with an auction and see what the market says...