• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS policy and the banning of greg evp and dakra

50 posts in this topic

March 14, 2003 2:58 PM (NEW!)

is the pcgs message board addicting?? WELL MAYBE ........

currently with the banning and the new policy it is a definate NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pcgs should have monitored the boards before all this eurpted and i think what they did for banning evp and greg darka went way overboard

before you judge others you had better clean your own house first and believe me you got some issues yourself ............................ kind of like the pot calling the kettle black

pcgs should reinstate evp greg and dakra

the above is my understanding if the above have not been banned then i was misinformed

sincerely michael

Michael, I know for a fact that Greg and dakra were booted. As far as I know, nothing is sure about EVP because he is at the Baltimore show. Guess we will find out for sure by Monday.

I would strongly guess that EVP was also booted. His reposting of my question to NGC and the response from Mr. Salzberg were deleted. I suspect that David Hall wasn't too pleased with someone letting his forum members know his company was #2.

EVP wasn't booted at PCGS. He just posted there about an hour ago. He has been out of pocket away from a computer.

There is quite a ruckus over there over the "new" policy. I don't quite know what to make of it all yet, but I'm concerned about the way the announcement was made and about how it was implemented.

My congratulations to all those who got booted on the CU boards. It means you said something salient and truthful enough to gather the ire of a weakly postured sycophant.

Hoot

I haven't been booted, but my posts over there are going to be few and far between for a while. I have been very unhappy with their customer service for the last couple of months, and I am not sending any more coins to them until they can get their turnaround time back down to a reasonable level.

Well they will all be running around there with their little paws handing out jelly donuts now that David had kicked out the big bad wolfs. One more friggin bear coy remark and I will hurl. Does this guy know anything about coins?

I said it over there, can't remember if I said it here. But the feel there is like the feel of a company that laid off some employees. I'm still posting there a little, just to get to 4000 posts (I like milestones and I'm only 20 away). With all that's gone on, I do think that the unique feel of the place is gone and may never be recaptured.

I guess maybe I should stop talking about NGC Sample Slabs and spreading the info the folks @ NGC give us. We have a long thread on 1 certian NGC submission (#199999) and we bring it to the top every month or 2 when we find another slab from that submission. We post stuff like Dena @ NGC told me this or Dena @ NGC said that.

Wonder if I'm gonna be next, it might look like I'm promoting NGC. wink.gif

IrishMike-

You mean you don't appreciate 6 threads of a certian member's philosophical ramblings nor his goodnight threads every night?

You must be one of the hardcases that likes to read about coins.........

wink.gif

Dog, I also hate be be talked down to with 5th grade ramblings about life. I find that kind of thread interuption a lot more irritating than dare I say quarters.

I dont even know whats going on over there, well except what I read here. I have been busy, when i get busy I dont have time to read as much, when i dont have time i go for quality over quantity, over there is the first to get skipped when i am busy.

Actually, as a collector with over 100 1997 mint errors I find the Quarters more interesting..........

It won't be the same now without gmarguli calling all the scumbag dealers, well, scumbag dealers. I always get a kick out of gmarguli's posts.

At first I was taken back by Greg, but his posts are an acquired taste. lol

I've always felt that you should be blunt and to the point. No use beating around the truth. I'd rather tell someone outright that they got screwed, rather than poke at it. I want the person to understand right away what the complete truth is. There is less chance of them getting hurt again that way.

Well they will all be running around there with their little paws handing out jelly donuts now that David had kicked out the big bad wolfs. One more friggin bear coy remark and I will hurl. Does this guy know anything about coins?

When he and I went

at it in the Open

Forum, I once screamed

at him that he had

5,000 posts and

not a single one

was about coins.

Sometimes I'd like

to give him a jelly

donut in a unique

place.

Hey, I can type like Bear. smirk.gifsmirk.gif

I don't think you will be missing much over there. Its gone beyond the pale over there. So many mindless posts about how its PCGS and they have the right to blah, blah, blah, and you guys are whiners.Suddenly all the of ills of PCGS are the forum participants problems. I can't remember the last time I was invited to a management or Board Meeting. Hey if you are a public company deal with it or take it back private.

I've decided to quit buying PCGS slabbed coins period or cross them immediately. I plan on telling all the dealers why too. They can keep on getting rid of all the CLCT folks they want to, it might better serve them to provide some clothes for the emporer.

They received the last of my money.

It won't be the same now without gmarguli calling all the scumbag dealers, well, scumbag dealers. I always get a kick out of gmarguli's posts.

Hey Dog, Greg is over here and so am I. You will just have to click a different URL to hear about scumbags, that's all.

They received the last of my money

I made this decision about a month ago when I made my last submission to them. I checked the services page, and it was still dated 2001 so I didn't bother reading it. After my coins were on the way, I saw DH post about the turnaround time, basically not saying what he was going to do about it. My problem with them is not only the turnaround time, but the fact that they seem to be running a quota on proof like Morgans. Every legitimate PL I have submitted has come back as "altered surfaces". In every case, I have sent these coins to NGC where they have been holdered with the correct PL designation.

I am going to have to think long and hard before I ever send another coin to them.

David Hall is arrogant. I suggested that he enroll in the NGC Management Training Program to learn how to become a professional. I might just be next.

Dog, I also hate be be talked down to with 5th grade ramblings about life.

My God, someone finally said it! Recently, I have been so irritated by this, I almost started a thread to tell him to PLEASE SHUT UP!! shocked.gif

Andy laugh.gif

You know, a week and a half ago I posted a simple question to the Q&A. Basically I asked what he would say the advantages or benefits of a collector's club membership is to a person who is considering joining or renewing. Basically, all I was looking for was a simple vision statement and something where he can talk about service, products, something. Well, it's still not answered... And I think that is an answer! Once my last submission returns, that's it. I've got my NGC submission number, I'm submitting some next week, and ain't returning!

I also agree about the pablum over there. I've posted once or twice, but mostly it just seems to be the same thing being said over and over and over. The unique feel of that place is gone.

Who was it who said, "The king is dead, long live the king!"

Neil

K6AZ-

I see yall here. I get around here & there. I haven't submitted any coins to a service lately so I can't complain much one way or the other about that politics & policy stuff because it doesn't affect me much.

I have accumulated a pile of raw coins that I need to do something with though.

Yeah wait till gmarguli starts "bagging" on NGC; he'll get the boot here too! wink.gif

Yeah wait till gmarguli starts "bagging" on NGC; he'll get the boot here too! wink.gif

Actually, I have made critical comments about NGC here. I've complained about problems here. Want to know what they did? They contacted me to work out the problem.

I've asked questions and they have answered them.

I've suggested policy changes and they have not only considered them, but they have implimented some of them! The also explained their reasoning behind other decisions they have made.

And I won't say who, but someone well known to both grading companies told me I was "a welcome contributor here" after being banned over there.

Hi all, new to posting here, although Im a reader. Well, its pretty bad that you couldnt leave on your own accord. I left there when it started going sour a long time ago. I guess Im too much of an individual. Evidently, so are you.

Early on, there was alot of good info there, but then things went in a calculated direction. Hey, they own and operate the site and are in business to make money. They can do whatever they want to make a profit. You dont have to buy what they are selling though.

The news/soap-opera with PCGS/CU/B&M each week keeps getting uglier and uglier. Rick leaves, D. Bowers gets axed and they continue to slab ANYTHING for a dollar. Who would have though that ACG could be upstaged for bad press? tongue.gif