• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns are not a numismatic tangent.

15 posts in this topic

These are real US coins just like bust halfs and Morgan dollars. I'm not really insulted not being able to post on the coin forum over here anymore but will start my own threads on the coin forum if all the modern threads are going to be over here.

And nobody wants that. wink.gif

These are real US coins just like bust halfs and Morgan dollars.

I agree. It's just that Bust halves & Morgan dollars are cool. devil.gif

I'm not really insulted not being able to post on the coin forum over here anymore but will start my own threads on the coin forum if all the modern threads are going to be over here.

confused.gif

There are those who find clad cool also!!!

There are even collectors of this [#@$%!!!]. Still they don't constitute a "numismatic tangent". Whatever you think of them they remain US coins.

There are those who find clad cool also!!!

There are even collectors of this [#@$%!!!].

You should put that in your sig line, it's pretty funny. While not a big fan of moderns myself I do like reading your posts.

-JamminJ

• Administrator

Hmmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by this post. There is no restriction removing modern discussions from the U.S. coin boards or any place else? There also shouldn't be anything preventing you from posting? Really have me scratching my head on this one.

Hmmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by this post. There is no restriction removing modern discussions from the U.S. coin boards or any place else? There also shouldn't be anything preventing you from posting? Really have me scratching my head on this one.

It seems as though more and more of the threads concerning moderns are here on the "tangents" forum. Certainly there is no reason not to post them on the coin forum but here is where many are appearing.

I start relatively few threads because they tend to get little attention.

These are real US coins just like bust halfs and Morgan dollars. I'm not really insulted not being able to post on the coin forum over here anymore but will start my own threads on the coin forum if all the modern threads are going to be over here.

And nobody wants that. wink.gif

I have never looked at it that way. It has never crossed my mind. Personally the US Coin forum is more of a show and tell type of place. It's about the adventures of where and how the coins came about.

I see the Numismatic Tangent forum as a place where information is shared. Stuff that you have read or heard through news articles or word of mouth. It's more like the political aspect of coin collecting.

If I have something I want others to see, it goes to the US coin forum. For discusions or gripes, it takes place here. At least, this is how I try to separate separate the two but every once in awhile I'll cross that line and find myself or others raising caine over in the US coin forum but that's life.

Leo

It seems as though more and more of the threads concerning moderns are here on the "tangents" forum. Certainly there is no reason not to post them on the coin forum but here is where many are appearing.

I start relatively few threads because they tend to get little attention.

I think the line between the coin forum and tagents forum has become blurred.

I post in the coins forum if I want to talk/show a specific coin, otherwise it goes in the tangents forum.

I'm starting to lean towards Cladkings reasonong! Why do we have Gold, Silver, Copper, Bronze and Modern comic forums! Are coins next? Am I missing something here? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Leo

I'm starting to lean towards Cladkings reasonong! Why do we have Gold, Silver, Copper, Bronze and Modern comic forums! Are coins next? Am I missing something here? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Leo

because comics rule daddy-o!!!!!

my comic collection is larger and more valuable then my coin collection...

Leo

because comics rule daddy-o!!!!!

my comic collection is larger and more valuable then my coin collection...

I knew there had to be an answer! And Lucy had it!

Lucille for Web Architect! Lucille for Web Architect! headbang.gif

Leo cool.gif

I don't have a problem with anyone posting anything about coins.

I happen not to collect moderns but still enjoy reading posts about them.

Anything coin related interests me, so knock your socks off.

-------------

etexmike