• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Collecting Budget

3 posts in this topic

Is not quite big enough.....

When I was in middle and high school, back in the 90s, my Dad and I went all over Texas, visiting baseball card shows. I collected cards back then, but we really got into meeting Hall of Fame players and getting autographs. Yogi Berra, Brooks and Frank Robinson, Willie Mays, etc. When the strike happened in 1995, the shows dried up.

My Dad was working on an early 60s Al Kaline endorsed glove that we had gotten a bunch of signatures on. He has since given it to me and a couple of weeks ago, out of curiosity, I checked to see if there were any players signing in our area. Turns out, there was a huge show in Virginia last weekend. I took my Dad and we met Reggie Jackson and he signed the glove underneath Willie Mays.

It got me to thinking about Al Kaline and how cool it would be to get his autograph above his burned in signature on the glove. I found out that he will be signing in Atlantic City the first weekend of August along with about 25 other HOFers that we have not met.

Sadly, my budget does not allow me to get as many signatures as I would like. It also competes with my coin collecting budget. It is definitely a first world problem that can be easily solved by winning the lottery. lol

Such is life. I hope everyone has a great week of collecting!

P.S. I ended up with a couple of Morgans, a handful of Commemoratives and an obsolete note from the Whitman show last week.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins