• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got my 250th after all posted by Dan Hughes

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Goal: 250 #1 Registry Sets

This last December I retired. No longer having the funds to continue building and keeping up with all of my sets, I gave in to the realization I would not make the Goal I had set for myself many, many years ago to reach 250 #1 Registry Sets. I was in the 220's at the end of the year and knew I would have to start selling off all of my coins to bridge the gap between retiring from work and waiting a few more years before starting to take social security. I decided to remove a lot of coins from my sets and start prepping them for sale. I had a few good months at the beginning of the year although things have slowed down a bit lately. I was still buying and selling and today, just for the fun of it, I decided to load my coins back into my sets as well as all of the new coins I had purchased this year. To my surprise after adding up all of my #1 sets I was at 252, just over my goal. A huge sigh of relief and a great deal of satisfaction came over me as I realized I achieved my goal after all.

17538.jpg

See more journals by Dan Hughes

Congratulations Dan!

I hope you are able to find a following for your coins that will be as interested and dedicated to them as you have been. I must admit, that in-spite of the tiny mintage figures, I worry about getting the money out of the modern issues. At number 10 overall you are in the stratosphere of collectors. I wish you nothing but the best.

John

Dan,

You can retire and sell a few coins to purchase others with the sales cash. You never need to quit collecting. Coin collecting fits well with any budget!! :grin: