• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does NGC mean when my slabbed coin lookup shows

13 posts in this topic

I think that I can answer this:

When a coin is upgraded or crossed and NGC knows of this action; they will delete the coin's number in the cert. lookup database.

This happened with a rare Walker coin that I almost bought, when it was an NGC 64 and later became a PCGS 64+.

NGC deleted it because it no longer exists. I know this, b/c I looked it up after the fact.

NGC does what they can to keep their Census up to date.

Obviously, they can only delete such coins that they are made aware of.

If you still have the graded coin, it means that the cert# has been used for a counterfeit slab. Contact customer service to arrange to have it re-slabbed with a new #.

If you still have the graded coin, it means that the cert# has been used for a counterfeit slab. Contact customer service to arrange to have it re-slabbed with a new #.

This is what I was going to say.

Hopefully, it's clear that there's not just one possibility. And I repeat my initial suggestion:

I would contact NGC directly by phone and ask them.

• Administrator

This is not correct. The grade was likely accidentally deleted and you should contact customer service to get it fixed.

Usually, if we notice a counterfeit of a holder, we'll change the grade for the real one to CONTACT NGC CUSTOMER SERVICE until we can get the genuine one re-holdered with a new cert number.

-Paul

Thanks, Paul!

This kind of prompt response to a situation is very helpful to collectors. It shows NGC is paying attention and wants to correct problems quickly!

• Administrator
Thanks, Paul!

This kind of prompt response to a situation is very helpful to collectors. It shows NGC is paying attention and wants to correct problems quickly!

No problem, Roger!

We always try to keep an eye on the boards and answer any questions that might arise.

-Paul