• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do I Want To Buy These?

9 posts in this topic

Help me out folks. According to the seller these are MS62 thru MS64 in his opnion and all toned and with beautiful luster. He is asking $200 for 20 of them. What do you think? Thanks, Charlie

Let's try this.

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/honestcoin/media/quarters%20021_zpsf8za2jfe.jpg.html

62-64 is fairly low grade. At that price, you are paying full retail.

I can't grade any of them from the pictures, but some of them do appear to have attractive toning, which would be worth a premium (not all, but some).

I really can't tell you what you want.... but you have to decide if the risk (which is moderate) is worth the potential reward (which is fairly low). In order to sell these for more than you are paying, you'd most likely have to get them slabbed (which adds considerable cost to the coins). They would have to grade 65 to be worth it at that point.

Of course, if you are buying them for your own enjoyment (and not for resale), the calculation becomes much easier.

Do you have a chance to see them in hand? Any chance you can grade/evaluate them for yourself before buying them? Or possibly post better pictures, and we can try grading them?

Can't see them in hand, wish I could but I do know the seller. The price is high and this is why I'm asking you folk. I'll see if I can get better pictures. Thanks

Hard to tell from those pics, but they look like a shot at higher than 62-64 and 1 or 2 look like possible proofs in decent condition. But nearly impossible to guess the risk reward from those pics.

Half a roll of common date quarters put back in 1963 or 1964. I see nothing exceptional.

That's a terrible deal. Don't buy it.

For the same $200 you can get FORTY (40) 1963 brilliant uncirculated quarters. Search ebay, you'll see.

Toning? I don't see much (if any) eye appeal in your photos. Not worth a premium IMO. But then, I'm not a toner fan.

FYI, Greysheet (dealer) price for 40 BU 1963 quarters is $150 (Philly mint) or $160 (Denver mint).

$200 for all 20? I think he is dreaming. BV on these at $17.08 silver is about $3.10 each or $62 for all 20.

I would not offer above melt for them. He needs to throw them back in the roll lol or put in 2x2's for junk box. Or better yet start them on ebay at BV......these are common dates. I would be surprised if he even managed to get 25% over BV.

Just lay the cash out for BV and say "here is my offer, I will take them now."