• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any obsevations on the CSNS show?

5 posts in this topic

I attended on Thursday and picked up a PCGS 1873 PR64 open 3 BRN 2 Cent Piece (good price to boot), took me all of 90 minutes to go through most of the booths.

Lots of people on the "first" day, the good tables were to the left and center as you walked into the door. I have attended the show in Schaumburg the last two years and prefer it to Rosemont, just a lot easier for me. Anyone else?

Ray

"Let me just say that a collector with an unexpected bundle of cold hard cash on a bourse floor is a dangerous thing!"

Yes...yes it is!

I was able to get there Saturday early after being hospitalized Thursday and

Friday. I walked the floor offering some coins for sale to a few Dealers who took a look, but weren't close. I finally offered them to a local Dealer near bid (2 of the 3 were CAC approved), he countered exactly where my price point was and we shook.

It's great avoiding E-Bay fees.

The show itself was still about 60% occupied so there were coins to still see. I looked around but my "want list" is so small that there's no rush to buy, so I didn't.

I consigned a coin with Rick Snow. I wasn't expecting that so it was kinda cool how things developed.

Still didn't get to meet Mark Feld if he was in attendance. I'm sure when the day comes I'll be excited as hell while he hides a big yawn.

The Dealers I know indicated that they'd had a good show so that's always a plus.

Saw the new gold Mercury Dime. Still can't get excited about anything made for collectors that will never see circulation. My record remains intact.

Schaumburg is light years ahead of Rosemont as far as a show location. Hope future show chairmen are paying attention.