• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC's Price Guide Estimate

3 posts in this topic

Just curious what everyone thought about how accurate it is? I have been watching the "estimated" value that is listed at the tops of my registry sets and I am quite surprised about some. I try to keep accurate records but I haven't added things up in quite some time.

I collect PL coins. They don't put values on PL coins. They aren't very useful to me...

For other coins, the guide represents a "retail" price. They are generally more accurate than PCGS, but a small amount of searching or effort will usually find coins cheaper than the guide. The NGC price guide usually is at the high end of the band, and auction histories, such as Heritage, are usually at the low to middle end of the band (more of a wholesale price). If I can get a coin somewhere in between, I think I've done well.

The only value I find for the NGC price guide is for my world coins, I wish I could buy them at the price guild price, and for my US coins it is the price I wish I could sell them for. But yes, Jason gave the best answer.