• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Young Numistmatist

7 posts in this topic

My Great Nephew

I just found out that my Great Nephew has taken up coin collecting at 12 years old. He has actually bought his first Gold Coin and has a very decent collection of Barber coins!! I sent him a variety of proof coins, a partially filled Lincoln cent collection and 3 books. Good new for the future of coin collecting!!

Bud

See more journals by sowersb

Bought a gold coin and owns a decent collection of Barber coins at age 12? I wish I could have been that lucky.

When I was his age, I ended up trading hundreds of world coins (that I received for free) for two Bust halves and used my BD and Christmas money to buy a few more. I didn't stick to collecting for long and should have stuck to world moderns until I had a larger budget.

I have a niece (now two) whom I would like to give my collection to when she is a lot older, since I would like someone in my family to have it and add to it. I plan on buying her some coins for presents when she is older and see what happens.

That's awesome news!!

A gold coin at 12 y/o and Barber halves, too??? Lucky kid!! ;)lol

I hope that his success and interest continues to thrive.

It's nice that he has his Uncle in his corner, too. :thumbsup:

At 12, about all I could manage was to drool on my Red Book's gold listings; owning one was out of the question.