• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you ever not bid on an item...

4 posts in this topic

That has 1 bid, knowing there wont be any other bids so you let the first bidder get it out of courtesy?

I usually do this with common items priced at a mostly market fair starting bid that I know I can find again.

I only bid on items in the series I collect that I want for my collection or occasionally, duplicates in my series for "investment" if I think it financially favorable. So no, I won't intentionally let someone else have it if it is a coin I want to buy.

I don't bid on very many items that are that common these days. The only time that I have refrained from bidding was when a YN at a local club was bidding on something, but even that is not carved in stone.

One time I was at club auction and a couple of kids with "attitude" were bidding on everything in sight. It was obvious that they had a "sugar daddy" who was giving them all that money. There was no way they were earning that much cutting grass and doing other youth related jobs. In their case, yea, I'd bid if I wanted the item.

No, the only time i'd share benevolence in regards to a bid is if someone I knew was bidding on item. All items I bid on are to win for my personal collection.

However; I do look to see how uncirculated Peace and Morgans go with 1 bid or > to get an idea on market value with relation to bullion value.