• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A graded one for once! 1939 walker 2-sided toner

11 posts in this topic

This one is already in an NGC slab. Tough from pics to grade toners but very clean surfaces and really nice luster. Couple different sets of photos to look at.

53914865-8590-4C80-B0A4-39942EC4EC81_zpsyxbbdn1q.jpg1939%20walker%20toned_zpsvbzfth9f.jpg

1939%20walker_zpslut3xvbu.jpg

It's been a couple of days, so I guess I can post the grade. This is in an old NGC 'fattie" MS65 holder with the gray border label insert. This will be liberated from that holder and regraded.

That old holder is likely the reason that is toned up nicely, as it did. It could possibly upgrade to 66 but the difference in price (for me, at least) would certainly not cause me to want to crack it out and lose that cool old slab.

Ironically, I just got grades today. PCGS agreed with everyone else (including myself) and gave me my 3rd 66+ of 2016. I guess there are worse grades to try and hurdle!

Will update with trueviews as they come in.

I'll go 66/66+. Nice Coin Clark..... (thumbs u

Good evaluation!

Nice classic auburn/sunburst toning on this coin.

While checking out PCGS pop on this Walker, I stumbled on this beauty

someone paid top dollar for. Don't think money is an object to this buyer!!

http://coins.ha.com/itm/walking-liberty-half-dollars/1941-50c-ms68-pcgs/a/1223-5220.s?type=NGC1223#