• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mercury Dime what do you think it will grade in at?

7 posts in this topic

What is your guess this would grade at. It is a raw coin so wondering if it would be worth sending in to get graded?

In general, how does the industry view die polish lines? indifferent or is there a lean?

vWGYJw7jSWOLkkyh4nmw_1936.png

Hu57HBYvQLyUkB3qERq5_1936o.png

This at least Ms 66 FB . You would need it to grade 67 FB to be worth sending in .

I agree with the FB in the 65 and higher area.

I think it would be worth including in a submission with other coins, but by itself probably not.

I think about 'what can I get for this raw' versus 'what can I get for this in a (MS66 FB?) slab'?

I would have trouble getting $50 for this raw, but not getting $90 in a MS66FB slab.

I would call it 66FB, and I would roll the dice and include it in a bulk economy submission. There are PCGS authorized dealers who offer discounted rates (one I know of at least $5/coin if submitting 10 or more). If the marks in the photo are less conspicuous in hand, it could grade higher. At $15/coin (HLRC PCGS bulk economy rate), it would be worth it to me.

I am alsoin the 66fb camp. The mark on her cheek keeps it from 67.

Die polish can sometimes hurt the eye appeal, but shouldn't have a big impact on the grade. The polish on yours is rather minor.

Send it in, why not!

Your photos being that big and people still showing up with 66 and 66+FB are encouraging. This is about the same as grading the merc using a 10x loupe, which won't be the case.

Hell I just sent a 36 in without FSB!