• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1856 Flying Eagle on my morning local news.....Story is from Tulsa.....

7 posts in this topic

So my morning news in Buffalo just ran a story on this '56 flyer......

Then I find this story from 20 years ago in Oklahoma.....

Stolen 1856 cent......

The relief on that coin looks awfully high. I know they were proofs, but that one looks odd to me.

Anyone else ?

Paul

Delmer Cox was the owner of the Oklahoma City store. He was a good friend of mine for over 40 years. He started teaching me about coins when I was just a little kid. I worked behind the counter a few times when he was short of help. He would put me in his office to sort out large collections and pick out the better stuff. I miss the guy. He passed about a year or so ago. I could tell some crazy stories about this shop. Fun times.

The 1856 Flying Eagle that went missing was in an old photo cert. holder as AU cleaned. I think it was AU50. Nice coin but the color was off. I could never talk him down on the coin. He was at $3600 and I was at $3000. Now I wish I had bought it. Not the same coin the dealer in Tulsa was showing.

I am sorry to see more and more of these links to U-tube on the coin blogs. My computer won't run them because of all the anti-virus stuff that is on it. I can't see anything so therefore I can't make any comments.

Bill - You're not missing much...especially the ones from that fellow on the PCGS board.

I am sorry to see more and more of these links to U-tube on the coin blogs. My computer won't run them because of all the anti-virus stuff that is on it. I can't see anything so therefore I can't make any comments.

A properly calibrated anti-virus should not block youtube. An ad-blocker might have some issues, but even that should still let you watch the videos.

I didn't post that link to be malicious Bill. I don't know who uploaded the video but it is the story that was on my local news. There was no other way to substantiate this thread.

Paul