• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One beautiful Buff GTG - 1913 Type 1. Grade revealed

10 posts in this topic

Boy that is a rather crisp looking strike. I do not heavily follow the series, but love to look at them whenever I get a chance. I can't recall seeing one in recent memory that I could say had as sharp as strike as the one you got there .....Like the color too. (thumbs u

The spot on the cheek limits the grade. These are notoriously difficult to grade, and even harder from pictures.

I'll guess 65.

Is the "spot limiting the grade" another one of Jason Poe's grading standards because suggesting that either NGC or PCGS would limit the grade because of that tiny, inconspicuous spot would be absolutely incorrect.

I dont see anything holding it back from a 67, as long as it has the eye popping luster that makes you say wow when you look at it. ...

Boy that is a rather crisp looking strike. I do not heavily follow the series, but love to look at them whenever I get a chance. I can't recall seeing one in recent memory that I could say had as sharp as strike as the one you got there .....Like the color too. (thumbs u

That explains it....It is a Proof...Nice coin Clark