• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS Ebay: The 1957-D FS-901 Re-engraved Tail Feathers Ends Today

11 posts in this topic

Good luck with your auction, but I must say I would be shocked if you got your starting price.

I am one of the many people who I suspect have spent over 50 hours looking for this variety over the past 5 years...

Thanks, I must say I'm shocked that you'd be shocked...

actually I don't know you so I really wouldn't.

Shocked is the client getting 2 million dollars when the insurance company initially offered 10K.

These levels are sold all the time, maybe just not on Ebay.

For condition rarity most like to see in hand and I can't have people over during the week...but for this coin there's so far only one "legitimate" example.

Good catch, it is my understanding that one was misplaced several years ago per James Wiles. Then there's the misattributed MS64 reported as the first one graded. That coin isn't even close. Take a look and comment on that if you wish.

I'm sure you're aware a beat up dime just sold for almost 10K, and there's 10 or 11 of those so far and growing every month.

Legitimate is in reference to the PCGS POP.

I have looked at the other picture closely even before yours was made - heavy die polish with a couple of the heavier lines confused with re-engraving.

What issue had a beat up dime going for 10K? one of the proof No S's?