• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fun for all you junk lovers!

2 posts in this topic

A friend of mine approached me a few weeks ago with a bunch of coins he wanted to sell, and always a lover of mixed lots, I gave him an offer that I thought was fair, and an amount I would expect to pay at a dealer, but probably more than a dealer would offer him. So I told him to take them to several local dealers and if he got a better offer to sell to the dealer, otherwise my offer was firm and he could sell them to me. Well, I bought them and finally got them today and I was pleasantly surprised the first time I saw them! There were some silver dollars, Franklin halves, 40% silver Kennedys, a couple Liberty Nickels, a couple IHCs, a Barber half, a really worn Barber quarter, a bunch of Lincolns from 1910-1955 and a 1947 Balboa from Panama (which I think has the identical composition as a US silver dollar since it says "Ley 0.900, Gr. 26.73" which mirrors the weight and fineness of a Morgan or Peace Dollar). I am posting some pictures of the highlights, but I will list some here:

Silver dollars: 1879, 1899-O, 1900-S, 1904, 1921-D (2), 1921-S, 1922 (2) and 1925

silver.jpg

Lincoln cents: 1910, 1914-S and 1922-D (all in picture and in better grades which if anyone wants to offer an opinion, that's fine with me since it's been so long since I've dealt with Lincolns, and I've never been good at grading them anyway!) 1913, 1913-D, 1915, 1915-D, 1915-S, 1916-S, 1923-S and 1926-S (in AG to VG, not in picture). Now I have to look through my Lincoln cent album to see if I have any upgrades (I have some really crappy ones in my set)!

lincolns.jpg