• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Irony

8 posts in this topic

I'm a mega-NGC fan...

And, here I am in Irvine, CA on business, and I just typed in "Coin Dealer" in GoogleMaps, and discovered I'm right around the corner from PCGS's headquarters... Grrr....

On a super-cool note; however, Stacks Bowers is right behind my hotel! COOL!

Planning on stopping in...

Oh, AND "Great Collections" auction house is RIGHT here too! What is with this area I happened into??? I just happen to have 4 bids going with them right now, that'd be AWESOME if I could stop in...

Holy... The old TeleTrade facility is right here too.... (Whatever happened to them anyway?)...

I'm a mega-NGC fan...

And, here I am in Irvine, CA on business, and I just typed in "Coin Dealer" in GoogleMaps, and discovered I'm right around the corner from PCGS's headquarters... Grrr....

Oh, AND "Great Collections" auction house is RIGHT here too! What is with this area I happened into??? I just happen to have 4 bids going with them right now, that'd be AWESOME if I could stop in...

Holy... The old TeleTrade facility is right here too.... (Whatever happened to them anyway?)...

Teletrade and Stacks were both owned by Spectrum Group. A couple years back they consolidated their businesses under the name "Stacks Galleries" -- so functionally, Teletrade morphed into the weekly Stacks auctions.

Stacks also took over Bowers

Teletrade decided their computer program was obsolete, so they upgraded it so smart phones would work.

The weekly StacksBowers auctions have all but disappeared as well, I think it is monthly now with some big ones. They just did Pogue III and a few million worth sold, the lowest lot I saw was $8500....

I'm a mega-NGC fan...

My best friend is right in your area as well - Dennis Tarant's Orange County Coin & Bullion! It's in Costa Mesa. He can pretty much walk to PCGS and GC.

I believe Great Collections located there on purpose to be right by PCGS.

My last business trip to Cali coins were not on my mind they had taken a back seat to other things. I was in Torrance and it was my BD The first night I went to Spearmint Rhino and had a blast. The second night I went to Imperial Theatre in Anaheim and had even more fun. The young lady who greeted me at the door and who entertained me in a private VIP area for sometime said she was a Freshman at UCI and Cheerleader (and fantastic date). Later on that year they had a special or something on them and there she was TV. Never been to Irvine but almost feel like been there.

If I were as rich as that guy on Billions, I would move to Cali......and it would not be bc of coins. Then after some fun for awhile getting my beach house in order, the nice pool, deck to drink beers and grill burgers, muyscle car, and what else I might get excited about buying coins again.

I am not surprised there are a lot of coin outfits in Cali as there sure is a lot of money too. Cali, NJ, and Florida are all meccas for coin people. Cali would be my first choice. Just think, with a billion or so I could do nuclear bids on stuff like MS66 Saints, CC Gold, etc. I would win them like crazy. But where would I store all that.....