• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statehood Quarter Fun 1/2 Way Point posted by VanPhillips

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Mid-way point of the Registry Set!

As mentioned a few weeks ago in my original Statehood Quarter Fun journal, I began building my Statehood Quarter Registry set back in late November 2015 with 3 coins. In December 2015, I added 42 more coins to their slots. This January, I added 40 more and am now just past the 1/2 way point with 60% of the collection and 85 coins!

With the addition of my 2007 P SMS IDAHO NGC MS-68 coin, I slid into the #20 spot of NGC-only coins as well!

55 coins remain to complete this set and I'm getting down to the tough-to-find coins in the high grades of NGC MS-67 or better. I've noticed that I'm able to find the grades I'm wanting in PCGS, but not in NGC, and this set's goal is NGC-ONLY 67 or higher so the search continues!

A special "Thank You" thus far to SixMileRick and Sheila Moore for allowing me to acquire some of your statehood quarters to add to my set. It's an honor.

Next goal of the set: #100 coin out of the 140 total needed... I'm hoping by the end of February I'll be able to achieve that. Already have 2 enroute via USPS!

17218.jpg

See more journals by VanPhillips