• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Strange Trip by Electric Peak Collection

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A tale of receiving new acquisitions...

I've seen a number of comments in Journals and the Message Boards complaining about how long it takes to receive "winnings" from Heritage. Over the years, I've had a noteworthy experience or two, about which I have written past journals. None of my cases involve unreasonable (in my view) lack of timeliness, however.

Last month, I won items in two Heritage auctions. From the FUN show auction (ended 1/10/16) I got three relatively inexpensive coins, and in a weekly Tuesday action (1/26/16) one more. I received the latter coin yesterday, and tracking info says I'll be getting the first three coins today!

In both cases, Heritage several days after the auction to initiate the shipping process. So why did the last coin get home in short order (once shipped), and the the other three are taking so long? I don't know. Here's the final tracking info:

February 3, 2016 , 9:45 am Out for Delivery

February 3, 2016 , 9:36 am Sorting Complete

February 3, 2016 , 8:18 am Arrived at Post Office

February 3, 2016 , 3:01 am Departed USPS Destination Facility BALTIMORE, MD 21233

February 3, 2016 , 2:55 am Arrived at USPS Destination Facility BALTIMORE, MD 21233

January 31, 2016 , 5:59 am Departed USPS Facility CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

January 30, 2016 , 8:51 pm Arrived at USPS Destination Facility CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20790

January 21, 2016 , 3:11 am Departed USPS Facility NTX P&DC

January 20, 2016 , 6:44 am Arrived at USPS Facility NTX P&DC

January 19, 2016 , 6:14 pm Arrived at USPS Facility DALLAS, TX 75398

January 19, 2016 , 1:11 am Arrived at USPS Facility NTX P&DC

January 18, 2016 , 11:56 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility DALLAS, TX 75260

January 18, 2016 , 6:30 pm Shipment Accepted DALLAS, TX 75260

During the January 21-30 period, the USPS tracking details showed stops in two other locations in Maryland as well. Maybe the storm had something to do with things early on, but it looks like the postal service didn't really know what to do with that package. Hopefully all will be in order when I get it this evening.

Here's the coin I received yesterday, dated 1936:

17215.jpg

See more journals by Electric Peak Collection

Sounds like a problem with USPS, not Heritage. I won an item from Heritage a few years ago. It was shipped Priority Mail (2 day delivery), and tracking showed it accepted in Dallas, Texas. Ten days later, it had not arrived and the tracking information had not changed. Day 13 it surfaced in Hollywood, Florida and on Day 16 it was finally delivered to me in York, SC.

Yes, that was my point - Heritage probably isn't the problem in most cases. With the cheaper stuff, they do tend not to ship for several days, while the more expensive stuff usually gets out faster. For example, late last year I got a shipment notification on a Saturday, the day after a Friday win of a more expensive coin, and had the coin the following Monday. USPS seems to have trouble with some items. This latest slow one was Priority Mail as well, but took over two weeks.