• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Great PCGS Registry Sets Are Now on NGC Registry

8 posts in this topic

You'll notice that our Registry is now seeing some outstanding sets coming in from accross the street. David "Home Run Hall" has alienated several collectors and dealers with some of his "reflections" on Grading, Customer Service and several other issues.

We need to thank HRH for giving our Registry a real shot in the arm. And the accessability of NGC Management's commitment to collector's and dealers is directly responsible for helping us see more and more great collections on our Registry. Thank you David and keep up the great work!!

PCGS will allow NGC coins in the future. They have to. Right now they are quickly on their way to having a registry that is an afterthought for the non-Kool-Aid drinkers. When this happens, they should wake up.

There are some great coins out there in NGC holders. As I buy those coins, my sets will become more like swiss cheese across the street. Here they will be more and more spectacular.

PCGS can do what they will, but the difference will be immense.

That's super. Their loss our gain. NGC's liberal policy of allowing both PCGS and NGC coins in our Registry assures gives us ability to attract some of the finest collections around. PCGS's restrictive policy "restricts" their ability to attract the finest collections. I think that will shortly lead to recognition that the best Registry is here at NGC.

While my 3 registry sets will never be considered great I have moved all my sets from PCGS to here finally. I had both for a while then a couple weeks ago I just had enough and decided I wanted to have both NGC and PCGS represented. Besides, I like the way this registry scores the individual coins better. Sometimes I wondered how PCGS came up with their scoring mechanism??? Maybe in 20 years mine will be a great set. smile.gif