• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the hell? eBay?

20 posts in this topic

I guess for his listings to be taken down.

Not sure how to get that done.

I'm still not sure if you are just trying to advertise for the guy or what, you must know there is nothing you can do .. he is selling PAPER! You are not going to get it taken down. .. he isn't breaking any laws, not breaking any ebay rules, what do you think someone is going to do? It's paper, he is selling paper!

I don't agree with what he is doing, but I gotta give it to him for being creative.

I'm still not sure if you are just trying to advertise for the guy or what, you must know there is nothing you can do .. he is selling PAPER! You are not going to get it taken down. .. he isn't breaking any laws, not breaking any ebay rules, what do you think someone is going to do? It's paper, he is selling paper!

I don't agree with what he is doing, but I gotta give it to him for being creative.

Well, actually, he/she is breaking eBay rules if those are not his photographs.

I think that's a stretch regardless as to whether or not they are his/her pics. If Ebay enforced that, a good percentage of ebay coin sellers would have their listings removed. So besides pics, are there any other reasons this seller is breaking any laws... or Ebay policies? Again, he is selling paper.

I think that's a stretch regardless as to whether or not they are his/her pics. If Ebay enforced that, a good percentage of ebay coin sellers would have their listings removed. So besides pics, are there any other reasons this seller is breaking any laws... or Ebay policies? Again, he is selling paper.

:facepalm:

So, "because everybody does it" is now a valid defense in your mind for doing illegal or forbidden things.

Gotcha.

A 66+FBL is worth more than $226, so the selling price from great collections is an irrelevant outlier. However, an actual 67FBL with rainbow is only worth $1500 right now.

So, "because everybody does it" is now a valid defense in your mind for doing illegal or forbidden things.

Gotcha.

If that's the message you got after reading my post, GO READ IT AGAIN..... slower this time. ... doh!

All I was saying was that IF using a generic photo is against EBay's policy than they certainly do nothing to enforce that... good bad, right wrong, indifferent.. like I said, I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT, but this is a listing for PAPER... no laws being broken there IMO.

This thread is getting really comical. You don't even know if the photo being used ISN'T his/hers...

Yes they did remove it. ... well shoot, I wonder if I'll still get the monster rainbow, sulfite infused toning envelopes I bought now?

I was only trying to do as was suggested in this thread and buy up all his inventory.... you know, for the good of the hobby and all. Just trying to do my part.

You can take a vacation in West Virginia and get the same, or better, sulfur exposure....and no more constipation!

looks like the item got pulled, fwiw.

I just saw a whole bunch of identical listings.

Yep, the guy has up about 2 dozen of the same listing. And, he has some on the ebay.co.uk site with a toned gothic florin pictured.