• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC color inserts.

15 posts in this topic

I've noticed the red inserts for Chinese pandas. Are any other coins slabbed in these red inserts? Are there other colors besides white and black? I've heard of rumors there will be silver Eagles slabbed in red, white, and blue inserts, any truth to this and if so when would this happen?

Nick

image_zpsyrmkxfiv.jpg

That will increase construction paper sales!

I hope the coloring has been tested to be sure it will not out-gas and damage coins.

I kind of like the blue insert. Thanks Brandon and nk1nk for posting pictures.

I admit it, I was watching Coin Vault when I first learned of the 2016 Panda with Red insert and the ASE red, white & blue set. I believe Silver Towne owns Coin Vault.

I am not a fan of the colored inserts for the slabs, but I really like the looks of the red NGC box! Is that for real? That could be a great a help to organizing a certified collection (I own around 500), say red for cents, blue for nickels, beige for dimes, etc.

Coin Vault also had the red, white and blue inserts for the first day of issue, 2016, 30 year anniversary of the SAEs, in MS 70, for $200.00.

I looked but couldn't find them on eBay.

Really nice set but they are probably cheaper somewhere else.

Edited to add: I now see that Silvertowne has them for the same price, so maybe that is a decent deal.

I am not a fan of the colored inserts for the slabs, but I really like the looks of the red NGC box! Is that for real? That could be a great a help to organizing a certified collection (I own around 500), say red for cents, blue for nickels, beige for dimes, etc.

Hi James,

Yes, the red boxes are for real. They were limited release...you may still be able to get some -- but they were only being sold through the end of January I think. There was an announcement back in Dec. I bought a few for my collection, as I thought it was a great idea for organization. I've been using the red boxes for my copper collection -- the silver boxes for my other coins. It's very handy!

-Brandon

One word about the color inserts - yikes.

Best, HT

I can think of some other words, but that describes the basic idea.

These are marketing, plain and simple. I don't find them attractive, and wouldn't buy a coin in one. In fact, the red ones especially hurt my eyes.