• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what did I just buy?

16 posts in this topic

Just bought this off ebay. Paid 35 dollars for it which I feel good about if it is 5ounces of silver as it says, but why was it so cheap. best i can find in Krause is KM617 (50 Yuan)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Chinese-5oz-Pure-Silver-Panda-Coins-/111867261843?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=UKz%252F04v2j6N1%252FSmPYyB8vkt1nYE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Just cause he relisted it doesn't mean he won't honor that price, he very well may just have multiples.

With that said, I'd be extremely wary of something like this. .. it's coming straight from China so I wouldn't be expecting much. Silver plated copper would be my guess.

says 5 ounces of 0.999. he hasnt cancelled the sale or anything, just wondering what i got. and if you search for the sales of this item it appears i paid more than the norm

I agree. First off, not a real panda coin of course. First thing I would do when I got it is cut the edge. At that price, you can't lose nothing.

#1 rule for buying coins on Ebay. .... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING COIN-RELATED FROM CHINA. EVEN COINS FROM CHINA. IF SOMEONE IN ASIA IS SELLING COINS/PM's/Ipods/Nike/etc... TO BUYERS IN AMERICA. ... I GUARANTEE IT WILL BE FAKE, SO SET ANY EXPECTATIONS ACCORDINGLY.

The fakers removed "50 Yuan" from the junk so they could not be accused of counterfeiting a current coin....the penalty for which is sometimes death; or 20 years digging holes and filling them in if the perpetrator is lucky.

The fakers removed "50 Yuan" from the junk so they could not be accused of counterfeiting a current coin....the penalty for which is sometimes death; or 20 years digging holes and filling them in if the perpetrator is lucky.

This.