• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added My Last Coin for the Year

3 posts in this topic

And it's pretty unique.

This is the 2015 $20 silver Canadian Maple Leaf shaped coin. The first ever maple leaf shaped coin (so of course it comes from Canada).

I bought the coin for my "A King's Ransom" gold and silver bullion custom set, which you can view on my Collector's Society profile. I've had a lot of fun building the set this year. I started in February, and have added 50 coins to it so far (30 gold coins and 20 silver coins). I have a few more to add right away in the new year but I still need to photograph them. I also have a decent pile of raw coins for the set that I need to mail in to NGC in the new year.

As 2015 draws to a close, I plan to continue my King's Ransom set in the new year, while also occasionally adding to my Symphony Set (which focuses on music themed coins from around the world).

2016 will be on a little bit of a tighter budget than 2015 was, but I made sure to budget in coin purchases as a monthly expense just like utilities or car insurance, that way I know I can have some fun with new additions on a regular basis.

Hope you all have a wonderful new year!

17153.jpg

See more journals by Alan Lastufka