• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U.S. Mint Medal Census Problem posted by MBC

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

U.S. Mint Superintendent Medal

Earlier this year I submitted a 1895 Herman Kretz U.S. Mint Superintendent 76mm Copper medal to NGC ( NGC ID: 2655617-001). NGC slabbed it with a grade of MS63, which was worthy of its beautiful mahogany patina. However, it is not listed in the Medal & Token Census. I have sent NGC e-mails about this and never receive a reply. I suppose it should go under Medals listed by Julian, and would like to see it listed for the sake of population information, and am wondering if anyone else had this problem? After all, that's what population reports are all about.

See more journals by MBC

I looked and it seems there is not a set started that your rare commemorative token will fit in. It would take a new set program. Maybe they are looking into a commemorative token type set.

Patience my friend.

• Administrator
U.S. Mint Superintendent Medal

Earlier this year I submitted a 1895 Herman Kretz U.S. Mint Superintendent 76mm Copper medal to NGC ( NGC ID: 2655617-001). NGC slabbed it with a grade of MS63, which was worthy of its beautiful mahogany patina. However, it is not listed in the Medal & Token Census. I have sent NGC e-mails about this and never receive a reply. I suppose it should go under Medals listed by Julian, and would like to see it listed for the sake of population information, and am wondering if anyone else had this problem? After all, that's what population reports are all about.

See more journals by MBC

I am sorry you did not receive a reply to your email sooner. We are working on getting this listed. It will appear under the US Mint Medals category.