• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the problems with this SLQ?

8 posts in this topic

The previous comments have mentioned the obvious problems (cleaned and polished, with PVC).

However, those pictures could be hiding just about anything - I'll wager there are probably hairlines all over this thing, and the obverse has some spotting and traces of environmental damage (notice the speckled appearance on her belly, breast, and shield).

To me, the value is $0. I wouldn't buy it, and I wouldn't even offer you silver value for it - it would be more hassle than its worth to try and get rid of it again.

The previous comments have mentioned the obvious problems (cleaned and polished, with PVC).

However, those pictures could be hiding just about anything - I'll wager there are probably hairlines all over this thing, and the obverse has some spotting and traces of environmental damage (notice the speckled appearance on her belly, breast, and shield).

To me, the value is $0. I wouldn't buy it, and I wouldn't even offer you silver value for it - it would be more hassle than its worth to try and get rid of it again.

The coins obvious issues were probably all that he needed to know , what difference would it make if it had hairlines and ED, it’s an ugly cleaned coin. Even in this condition it has some value, he did not ask what you would pay for it. There are people who like this type of coin because it’s affordable to them. Not everyone has our resources to purchase expensive stuff. Stop being a coin Snob Jason . ;)