• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1970-S Lincoln Doubled Die

12 posts in this topic

The Cherrypickers' Guide has images of many of the 1970-S Lincolns that variety collectors seek out. I just looked at the third edition, the fourth edition is in print but I'm too lazy to get up and retrieve it, and the third edition shows many images of doubled die 1970-S Lincolns.

Thanks, Tom. I ordered CPG a few weeks ago, but I guess JT is still working on his new book. I guess I'll just have to wait until it gets here.

Chris

The third edition has been out since 1994, so there should be no problem in getting that, and the fourth edition (through nickels) has been out since about 2000. Again, there should be no or little problem obtaining this issue. I believe both Stack's and Brookly Coin Galleries sell these all the time.

The third edition has been out since 1994, so there should be no problem in getting that, and the fourth edition (through nickels) has been out since about 2000. Again, there should be no or little problem obtaining this issue. I believe both Stack's and Brookly Coin Galleries sell these all the time.

Yes, but I ordered 4th Ed., Vol.1 & 2, numbered and autographed by JT. I don't mind the wait.

Thanks, Tom!

Chris

You're going to wait a looooooooooooong time. They started taking paid orders for the fourth edition, volumes one and two, about three years ago and they have not yet released volume two. Those folks who have paid for both volumes of the fourth edition may or may not have received the first volume, but are definitely waiting for the second.

I contacted JT about four weeks ago on another matter, and he told me, then, that he should be finishing the book in about three or four weeks. That's about now, I guess. Anyway, since I've already paid for it, I don't want to shop for another.

I'll just have to suffer, and bother everyone on the boards. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Thanks, Tom!

Chris

I contacted JT about four weeks ago on another matter, and he told me, then, that he should be finishing the book in about three or four weeks. That's about now, I guess.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm sorry, but JT is so full so [#@$%!!!] it is unbelieveable. The "books is going to be out very soon" line has been fed to the collectors for a LONG time. He own web site says it "looks now that Volume Two will go to press in late January for mailing in February" Well, it's the middle of March right now and I take it that no one has received this book yet. This book has been going to press for god knows how long.

JT just needs to come out and admit he doesn't have a clue when the book will be out, if out at all!

I'd be surprised if the book get out this YEAR!

I contacted JT about four weeks ago on another matter, and he told me, then, that he should be finishing the book in about three or four weeks. That's about now, I guess.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm sorry, but JT is so full so [#@$%!!!] it is unbelieveable. The "books is going to be out very soon" line has been fed to the collectors for a LONG time. He own web site says it "looks now that Volume Two will go to press in late January for mailing in February" Well, it's the middle of March right now and I take it that no one has received this book yet. This book has been going to press for god knows how long.

JT just needs to come out and admit he doesn't have a clue when the book will be out, if out at all!

C'est la vie!

Chris

C'est la vie!

Chris

According to a Coin World article, the expected release date for this book is now Jan 4, 2006 at the FUN show. Anyone want to take bets on whether the book is actually published by that date? yeahok.gif

No thanks. I already lost $35.50 on that one. I just looked up my PayPal receipt (6-29-03) and noticed the note on my payment...

Note: Thank you, JT and all. I'm sure that it will have been worth the wait.

foreheadslap.gif