• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugh - Frustrating

10 posts in this topic

A coin very high up on my want list that rarely turns up for sale is bundled in an upcoming auction with 2 other coins that have no other correlation than they are all gold and minted the same year.Same country of course. To get the coin I want id have to spend several thousands more for 2 coins I don't want. BLEH stupid seller.

A coin very high up on my want list that rarely turns up for sale is bundled in an upcoming auction with 2 other coins that have no other correlation than they are all gold and minted the same year.Same country of course. To get the coin I want id have to spend several thousands more for 2 coins I don't want. BLEH stupid seller.

Maybe you could turn around and unload the other two later, perhaps when the metal price is higher.

Maybe you could turn around and unload the other two later, perhaps when the metal price is higher.

The added $3-5k to what will already be a 2-4k coin will price me out before the auction even begins.

I thought it might, but I figured if it was high enough up and turned up rarely enough, well, there was a possibility. Sorry you have to miss out on a major want list item.

Is this on Ebay, or somewhere else? Maybe try talking to the seller and tell him you are only interested in one of them?

Unfortunately its at Heritage. The same 3 coins last sold at Goldberg separately in 2008.

If the auction hasn't gone live yet for bidding, you could always give Heritage a call and ask if they would split the coins out into separate lots.

Sometimes the "bundling" of coins is completely bizarre -- and, IMO, it is almost always advantageous for the consignor if the coins are sold separately for exactly the reason you have expressed in this thread. People may be turned away or not even entertain bidding in the auction if they have to purchase coins they don't want to get the one they do.

Good luck.

I may give that a go but I don't know how much HA would care from a small potatoes buyer. I would be a strong bidder based on previous auctions, but may get blown out of the water anyway on the 1 coin I want.

Bundling would make more sense if the off metal strike wasn't gold! It wouldn't hurt to ask Heritage about it and even point out how it will keep you from bidding (or maximizing the bid). The only thing I'm speculating about is that there are consecutive cert. numbers, but that seems silly. Good luck!

Bundling would make more sense if the off metal strike wasn't gold! It wouldn't hurt to ask Heritage about it and even point out how it will keep you from bidding (or maximizing the bid). The only thing I'm speculating about is that there are consecutive cert. numbers, but that seems silly. Good luck!

They are consecutive numbers but you may have just solved my problem Stork.