• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making sense of the points of the cents to which I point

2 posts in this topic

Looking through some top sets today...just to make goo goo eyes at some early red coppers. I happened to look at the Registry points as well and I left more confused than ever...which is pretty tough for me. :)

A PF69 Lincoln cent from the 50's with a pop of 200-300 scores the same as a PF68 Gobrecht dollar. Over 15,000 registry points. And the NGC top for Gobrechts is PF66(7 total).

Now as a Super Mod collector(as well as "normal" coins), I've paid the same for a 2014 Kennedy as I have for an MS63 1921 Peace before, but this seems a bit extreme to me.

I'm not sure on the value of the PF69 Wheats, but there are two listed on Ebay for under $500, one is under $300. I've been looking, and I can't seem to find a Gobrecht for anywhere close to that price. If you find one, please let me know, I'll take two. ;)

You think you are confused. I was sitting there with a set rated #12 woke up the next morning and I was # 15 with other sets having been increased by 20,000-30,000 points and mine went up about 7000.. I don't have a clue what happened, except all the 1950's coins went up far higher than better grade early cents. I have built a set that has as many cac coins as possible, Now I know that does not natter to some but it is the way I wanted my set to be. Having A and B quality coins means nothing you could have a total c- set and receive the same set points total. I have since gotten back to 12 but it cost a ton of bucks to do so.