• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1916 D Liberty Head Quarter

6 posts in this topic

Fine sharpness, but cleaned. As such it's worth little more than its melt value as a 90% silver coin. It might acquire some toning in a few years that could restore some of its numsmatic value, but it will never be a good collectors' item.

I'm seeing a harshly cleaned coin. Maybe just put it in an album and see if it will tone over time.

If it's been harshly cleaned, I can't tell from the images.

I'm seeing a harshly cleaned coin. Maybe just put it in an album and see if it will tone over time.

If it's been harshly cleaned, I can't tell from the images.

Fair enough. What are you seeing from the images? Granted, the images aren't very good for judging a coin, but based on wear and the surface "color", I suspect this one has been cleaned.

Fine sharpness, but cleaned. As such it's worth little more than its melt value as a 90% silver coin. It might acquire some toning in a few years that could restore some of its numsmatic value, but it will never be a good collectors' item.

I agree with this.