• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Annual Secret Santa Swap!

44 posts in this topic

Sorry you didn't receive your present, Brandon.... :(

Really, it's not a big deal Jason. I still enjoyed the process in my first time participating in the Santa Swap. :D

Sorry you didn't receive your present, Brandon.... :(

Really, it's not a big deal Jason. I still enjoyed the process in my first time participating in the Santa Swap. :D

First time eh? Well, not a good way to start out is it? Something, somewhere must have gone wrong...don't let this discourage you, for the most part, these swaps have been very rewarding.

...I never did receive anything...but, I guess I got what I deserved for 2015! ;):devil:

Happy New Year to all -- and thanks for organizing this Jason (physics-fan)

-Brandon

Did you ever receive anything in the mail?

...I never did receive anything...but, I guess I got what I deserved for 2015! ;):devil:

Happy New Year to all -- and thanks for organizing this Jason (physics-fan)

-Brandon

Did you ever receive anything in the mail?

Nope.

I will not be running the Secret Santa swap this year.

If anyone else would like to run it, go ahead. The rules of the game (as I have run it) are straightforward, and included in the first post of this thread. If you would like to ask any questions about how I ran it, feel free to send me a PM.

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for running this the past few years, it was fun and educational.

I was planning on sending a $20 gold piece this year, but if no one picks this up and runs with it...well, back in the Secret Santa safe.

Thanks for running it for all these years, Jason. One year I received an issue of The Numismatist from 1949. That was my birth year and it was a lot of fun to read about the hobby from that time.

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for running this the past few years, it was fun and educational.

I was planning on sending a $20 gold piece this year, but if no one picks this up and runs with it...well, back in the Secret Santa safe.

Well no need to waste that generous thought there Woody, just send it to me and I'll pretend it was from a secret santa. lol

Thanks for running it for all these years, Jason. One year I received an issue of The Numismatist from 1949. That was birth year and it was a lot of fun to read about the hobby from that time.

+1 (thumbs u

Thanks for running it for all these years, Jason. One year I received an issue of The Numismatist from 1949. That was birth year and it was a lot of fun to read about the hobby from that time.

+1 (thumbs u

Acturally it is May 1945 issue. The Second World War was only half over with the Japanese yet to surrender. I would recommend Bill O'Reilly's recent book, Defeating the Rising Sun on that subject.

There was some war news about an ANA member who had been a POW and some really great ads for buying and selling U.S. coins. One dealer was offered $1.00 for low grade U.S,. Trade Dollars. You have to remember that the Trade Dollar had no legal tender status at the time, and was nothing more than "a silver round" so far as the legal system was concerned. The Trade Dollar got back its legal tender status as a part of the Coinage Act of 1965.