• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I may have to draw the line

15 posts in this topic

at this one for my circulation strike type set. Geez. I never even heard of them until I was just checking out info on the new Terry Fox coin (loon?). Anyway, does anyone know if these actually were released into circulation?

745998-PoppyRoll_lrg..jpg

I seem to recall reading that those were indeed released for circulation.

If Shiro weren't busy selling old wrecks to unsuspecting victims devil.gif and otherwise waiting impatiently for his ancients to get clean, then I'm sure he'd know for certain.

Hoot

745998-PoppyRoll_lrg..jpg.8fc55d779659edc24e380ed29ab75f89.jpg

I can't believe that in the thousands of years humans have been making coins, we've gotten to this point. frown.gif

It appears that the S@H/CV hucksters selling the colorized and plated [#@$%!!!] are really on the forefront of the numismatic world. The Canadian mint should be closed and replaced by the fake mints that make Harry Potter coins. frown.gif

If you think that this piece is bad, you should take a look around the Canada Mint site. It's nuts. Also, a perusal of other modern world coinage on downies.com is illuminating. Lots and lots of colorized trash.

How the hell do you grade that crapola? And has anyone seen what happens to the holograms over the course of use? (I have not.)

Hoot

How the hell do you grade that crapola?

From the NGC grader himself: "NGC applies the same standard as uncolorized coins. Bagmarks, hairlines, strike, eye appeal all are important factors. The colorized side is just part of the minting process."

Ken Krah's answer to my question on grading these coins.

at this one for my circulation strike type set. Geez. I never even heard of them until I was just checking out info on the new Terry Fox coin (loon?). Anyway, does anyone know if these actually were released into circulation?

Yes, they were available through Royal Canadian Legions and Tim Hortons.

No hologram coin is currently in regular circulation.

Isn't there a coloured version of the state quarters available?

893whatthe.gif They weren't bad enough in one color?!? Really, though, I don't know. Probably. frown.gif

I don't mind the colorized coins as NCLT (where I can pretty much ignore them), but for a real coin, well, it has about as much appeal to me as putting 24" spinners on my truck. They even kind of look like spinners... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I do appreciate the info and I'll probably end up with one just to make the set complete. It'll definitely go in with an asterisk, though. tongue.gif

893whatthe.gif They weren't bad enough in one color?!? Really, though, I don't know. Probably. frown.gif

I don't mind the colorized coins as NCLT (where I can pretty much ignore them), but for a real coin, well, it has about as much appeal to me as putting 24" spinners on my truck. They even kind of look like spinners... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I do appreciate the info and I'll probably end up with one just to make the set complete. It'll definitely go in with an asterisk, though. tongue.gif

Just go get a donut at Tim Hortons and get one in change.

I've been so busy with work that I haven't kept up with all the craziness at the RCM. I only glanced at the Terry Fox quarter and decided to only waste my hard-earned money on wacky silver dollar packaging on the latest offerings.

BTW, what's wrong with putting 24" spinners on your truck. You gotta get down with the bling-bling, yo.

I've been so busy with work that I haven't kept up with all the craziness at the RCM. I only glanced at the Terry Fox quarter and decided to only waste my hard-earned money on wacky silver dollar packaging on the latest offerings.

BTW, what's wrong with putting 24" spinners on your truck. You gotta get down with the bling-bling, yo.

14" rims!

Chris

Maybe if I wait long enough, they'll start handing them out at Wendy's. juggle.gif

I'm just glad I don't collect post George V 25 cent pieces or I'd feel compelled to buy one of those horrid things.

Now I have to get back to my Centre Ice Loon packaging...

I'm just glad I don't collect post George V 25 cent pieces or I'd feel compelled to buy one of those horrid things.

I stopped at Elizabeth's '68 silver but I still needs lots of George and Edward's.