• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan dollar with no heads, only tails?

15 posts in this topic

Without photos, I would only be guessing, but I think it could be a "magician's coin". It's PMD, so it is only worth it's weight in silver.

Chris

The only genuine U.S. coin that I know about which was made from two reverses is an 1859 cent, which has a distinctive reverse without the shield at the top of the wreath. All of the other pieces that have claimed this have been "magicians' coins" that were made from two regular pieces that were fused together.

I imagine that the Chinese would make something like this if you asked them. They can never be ruled out as a possible source for bogus material.

50/50 chance it's legit:

Flip- if it comes up tails, not legit.

Flip- if it comes up heads, legit!

That's good stuff right there....

Only problem is if it lands on it's rim, but that's a remote possibility.

If it lands on the edge and stays up, you will be able to hear the thoughts of everyone around you.

(PS: A normal coin can only land on a rim or the edge.)

Without photos, I would only be guessing, but I think it could be a "magician's coin". It's PMD, so it is only worth it's weight in silver.

Chris

After subtracting the weight of any adhesive or fillers used to make it.