• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new site ATS has lots of problems

14 posts in this topic

They just opened the new PCGS site. I can't post anything from my iPad on it, and error messages on my desktop. If this continues, I won't be spending much time over there.

From what I've seen, they're still shaking the bugs out of the new software.

In the past, I would invite some of the folks ATS to come over here and they would all say "I don't like the software over there." It would be funny if they all come over here now and say "I don't like the software over there anymore." ;)

They need to upgrade this site, it is behind the times. But maybe they don't want more traffic to moderate when necessary. Even Coin Talk is more advanced in their technology of the chat site.

They need to upgrade this site, it is behind the times. But maybe they don't want more traffic to moderate when necessary. Even Coin Talk is more advanced in their technology of the chat site.

This site is functional, which is more than we can say about the upgrade ATS. Sometimes change is necessary, but change for the sake of change can be problematic.

Typical of poor IT management.

In a good project most of the time is invested in design, validation and testing. This can be 60% to 75% of the budget. Once the project is accurately and fully defined. the developers will have little difficulty implementing it, and the test scripts will have already been prepared based on the Use-Cases.

A poor IT manager will not be able to communicate this to the MBAs ("Most Basic Arsholes") who control schedules and events. Remember: MBAs have only short-term memory and think in short-term results, not long-term success.

I've seen this happen many times in private industry and government, and it is completely preventable.

I do not post on the PCGS site, but I do read the threads. From an outsider perspective it is a little funny as almost all the current posts are about how to use the new site or about software problems.

This site is functional, which is more than we can say about the upgrade ATS. Sometimes change is necessary, but change for the sake of change can be problematic.

Agree. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it.

Improvements to functionality and appearance can often be made with no disruption. But, the key is stringent testing and being "quality driven" not "schedule driven."

I wandered about the PCGS site some today and it seems faster, but less functional. The design makes poor use of space and reminds me of a middle school project. Maybe that was CU's purpose - to give school kids a practical use for learning....certainly not very sophisticated or 'professional' in appearance. If it was a learning project for kids, then CU deserves considerable credit and congratulations for doing what other companies only talk about!

The posted complaints can be divided into two groups: "don't like something" and "a function is missing or does not operate intuitively." The first is tough to avoid. The second should almost never happen.

PS: I can log on using my old credentials. :) (I won't -- that would upset Don and make his hair might turn white, or something...)

I couldn't care less about ATS.

I'm more concerned with how slow this site is - both in terms of how looooooong it takes to load a page, and in terms of the noticeable lack of activity.

I have never had any problems with the amount of time it takes to load a page here. The problem is likely on your end.

Now, the lack of activity here is a different story. It may be slower moving here but at least we avoid 80% of the worthless threads ATS about eBay.

I'm more concerned with how slow this site is - both in terms of how looooooong it takes to load a page, and in terms of the noticeable lack of activity.

I have never had any problems with the amount of time it takes to load a page here. The problem is likely on your end.

Now, the lack of activity here is a different story. It may be slower moving here but at least we avoid 80% of the worthless threads ATS about eBay.

Unfortunately, we still have plenty of worthless threads about ATS.

Unfortunately, we still have plenty of worthless threads about ATS.

Now ain't that the truth... :grin:

I myself have always liked the way this site works. The only thing I would like to see is a modernization of uploading pictures. I use my samsung note 99.9% of the time for posting. I would like to be able to load up a picture by this website being able to support direct uploads. I am a member of a vintage watch forum that has this capability and it is soo much easier to upload pictures. Other than that, I'm happy with the operation of this forum.

Agree Bobby. I like the way this site functions. I don't have issue loading pages either.

I always felt the design/function ATS was archaic. I'm glad they decided to upgrade/refresh it. I'm sure they'll get the bugs out, but like Roger stated, they should have been doing that during testing.