• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LIBERTAD grades posted by NGC

4 posts in this topic

Sent in 50 coins and had a few nights email surprises.

The first coin I had to check for was a 1990 to see if I was given a PL designation. Sure enough it came back as a 1990 PL67 making it the very first and only proof like designation given to a BU libertad.

Next exciting coin was the 87 double die, this came back as a MS67, only one graded higher.

A few coins to note, one 1992 came back as a MS69, a 1984, 88, came back MS67. A 1997 achieved a MS69. One worth mentioning is the 82 with a MS66.

I was very disappointed is all my 1986s as the best of the bunch

Was only a MS65.

See more journals by TMCGRADY

Grady,

Sounds like a nice submission even with the lower grades. Studying your grades for coins as they grade and each time you will get better at picking the right coins to send in. Many dealers have coins that they would not submit with their cash but will sell on e-bay as BU raw. As you get better you will be able to pick the best choice instead of the 4 or 5 of each that you have. Any coins sent in for grading that get MS67 and higher are a +++ submission. High luster is a plus for the 67 jump. (thumbs u

Rick

Thanks, overall most made it to 67 and up. The real disappointment i had were the 86s as they all graded at ms65. I submitted them knowing I was rolling the dice but that has been the toughest year so far. As of now my registry points put me in first by about 175 points. I still need a 2010 in MS 69 to open up the lead a little more. Once these arrive in will post them to be official. There are still 3 coins in still need to upgrade when they come across, the 86 is one.

The best part of this hunt was finding the 1990 Proof Like. I bought this in a small group and when it arrived i almost through it thinking it was a really bad proof coin. Something told me to just put it down and I did. After I looked at it later it was then I realized I had something I never heard of for the libertads. I sent a picture to don bailey and they thought they may have seen one years ago but couldn't be sure. It's nice to know you have something that has never been graded like that before, especially since these have been around since 1982.