• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please post scans of ngc star designated coins here! also............

17 posts in this topic

also............ a forum member said he has not seen any/few star designated coins and i thought maybe some could post scans of their star designated coins on here so most could see what a star coin looks like in terms of eye appeal

BUT REMEMBER SINCE EYE APPEAL IS THE MOST SUBJECTIVE MOST OF THE TIME SCANS DO NOT SHOW THE TRUE COIN!

SO IF YOU SEE ANY SCANS ON HERE THAT ARE STAR COINS USUALLY YOU REALLY HAVE TO RESERVE JUDGMENT UNTIL OR IF YOU SEE THE COIN IN PERSON!

but since this is all we gots i guess this is it and hope this will at least help others understand the star

sincerely michael

i will start here is a scan of an ngc ms67 * star seated dime 1886

117219-86dimems.jpg.1dc1afd88abaf8627be72adf4c79c3d3.jpg

Here is my only one: Rainbow Peace

It is a new purchase.

While this is the only * coin I have, I have a few in at NGC right now that are sure to get the * designation (hint, hint). laugh.gif

WOW! all of those are awesome!

michael .. WOW! I love half dimes! smile.gif

Greg .. that is an amazing Peace $! and thats coming from a guy who doesnt like Peace $s!

Hoot ... you keep this up and I am going to have to start collecting nickels! grin.gif

Michael - I think I've commented on that dime before - it is stunning. Thin, smooth, symmetrical toning on the obverse and reverse that simply allows the lustre to beam through. Excellent.

Greg - That is one heck of a sweet Peace dollar. The thing I like most about it is how smoothly the color lays on the surface - no breaks or mottling or aberrate lines. Very nice.

GP - No NO! Bad! Nickels are VERY BAD! blush.gifgrin.gif

Hoot