• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

registy set tools

5 posts in this topic

Are there any tools for looking at the registry sets.

1. find any slot in my sets that has an available coin but the slot is empty.

2. find any slot that has 2 coins assigned to it.

these are just 2 that come to mind

I would love to see all sets that my coin *could* fit into listed somewhere on the coin's page. That would be very useful, especially for some of the more obscure foreign coins. Sometimes hunting down a set takes a bit. And sometimes there is no set yet.

• Administrator

In order to see which of your registered coins are eligible for an NGC Registry Set, simply log into Collector Society and go to EDIT SET for whatever competitive set you wish. Look at the Available Coins column and click on whatever coin you wish to include in that slot/set. Click SAVE when you are finished making changes.

NGC REGISTRY AND COLLECTION MANAGER HELP

Hi Ali,

Yes that's useful when you know which set the coin belongs to. But, for example, I recently purchased this coin 3736394-096 which is a special .99999 purity 2011 $200 gold Maple Leaf from Canada. I checked every Canada registry set and the coin doesn't seem to belong in any of them. So either there is no set for this series of coins yet (quite possible), or I missed it (even more possible).

It'd be great to save that time by clicking on some kind of "which sets" link that would include every set the coin has a slot available in (for example, a Lincoln 1909 VDB might fit in the Lincoln wheat set, the Lincoln complete set, the 1909 mint set, and some Top 50, or 100 Greatest sets).

I'll update the request thread for this particular coin, but it also works well to illustrate the hunting-for-a-set problem I mentioned.

I agree completely with yours. I have even requested on this form several times to tell me which sets a coin could be in.

In my case for number one above, I have added a coin to a set and for reasons unknown to me it got removed. (I have alot of sets) Then months later when reviewing my sets I see the slot is empty with one coin available. So there was 500 points not being allocated that I did not know about. I have no easy way to verify all of my sets to find this type of occurrence.