• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently acquired proof sets had some color in them. :)

17 posts in this topic

Feel free to grade or comment away. I like them. :)

They are not CAM or DCAM so these are not fantasy photos

and they actually look like this in hand.

1960_10c_PR.jpg

1960_50c_PR.jpg

1963_10c_PR.jpg

1963_25c_PR.jpg

I find them to be attractive. It's one of those unusual situations where the toning turned out to be attractive, not just dull brown or black.

Nice coins, the dime and the half are the winners for me. Were the coins loose in the cello? I usually see them turn this way when the cent comes in contact with the silver coins.

Ah yes I should have seen that right of the bat. That is classic capitol holder toning. For some reason I thought you stated they were in original packaging. Not sure why I thought that. I reread and it must have been an assumption on my part.

Thanks guys. I really like the 1960 Franklin but in hand I think the dimes beat it.

I feel lucky to have found these things. :)

The Franklin reminds me of thinly-applied spray paint.

Chris

If I bought every set I found with coins that toned this way in these holders... I'd be more broke than I am now!!

If I bought every set I found with coins that toned this way in these holders... I'd be more broke than I am now!!
You mean "bought and kept" maybe? Because if you would have bought each set with nice toning and flipped them for a profit, maybe only keeping the nicest examples for yourself.....then you would be RICHER than you are now. ;)