• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Master of the Mint, Sir Isaac Newton

7 posts in this topic

Purchase a third-party full letter of authenticity for $150.

No extra postage and no long delays!

shouldnt that come with the purchase anyway? just wondering. and 22.5% buyers premium. ugh is right

shouldnt that come with the purchase anyway? just wondering. and 22.5% buyers premium. ugh is right

My thoughts were the same. Could you imagine paying the $150 and finding out the item could not be verified as authentic...then having to try and go back to the auction house... Lots of fees involved and what protections are in place? In any case, the item is not for me so I do not have to worry about it.

My thoughts were the same. Could you imagine paying the $150 and finding out the item could not be verified as authentic...then having to try and go back to the auction house... Lots of fees involved and what protections are in place? In any case, the item is not for me so I do not have to worry about it.

Agreed. Not my thing but, if it were, I'd be very skeptical.

Range seems to be from $16k to $150k depending on subject and length of letter, and whether is was in Newton's hand of that of a clark.