• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added a Proof Lincoln or two, or three. posted by Six Mile Rick

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Well how about almost a --- COMPLTE SET!!

Friends,

I had finally got caught up on everything even in this heat we are getting this summer. I saw that vumc409 was selling his 1909 to date Lincoln proof set. Checked out the set and saw around 25 or so I would like to get for additions to my set.

When I asked him for prices on them he told me that he would not break up the set. Well after a day or two of really thinking hard on the set pieces I wanted and the 38 or so coins that will be doubles to trade and sell off I decided to jump in and grab the set. His set is still listed at rank #14 and will be removed in a week or so.

Thanks Michael!!

Rick

16782.JPG

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

It seems to have been a Lincoln year for me this year and last. I did many deals with vumc409 the past year on MS Lincolns and now his complete proof set. His pics are usually a little south of the actual beauty that I get when the coins arrive. I have been very pleased with every purchase deal we have completed. On another Lincoln collector losing interest -- hunter's gold had a great set and decided to liquidate it. I was lucky enough to have obtained a handful of those as well before the bank shut me down. (My Wife) lol

Wowsers if she only knew what I just did. " Please don't tell her"!! ;)

It will take a little while to fully recover from this massive purchase but if I juggle it just right ----- nobody will even know. :devil:

Later----Rick

I'm in the process of liquidating my Lincoln proofs also Rick. Decided to start over and go through the proofs that I have neglected over the years and see what kind of surprises I can find! I would love to see your complete collection when you are finished!

Bud

Thanks Bud,

I will build a set for a short time and let you check it out. My collection page now will be proof sets and mint sets only (Rick's Keepers page). I have been building up the 1936 to date proof sets and mint sets lately so I have dropped out of the series sets to let others get closer to the top. Maybe when I get into the Barber coinage I will start some series sets again.

Liquidation of earlier started sets are a usual deal as we get wiser in collecting. Once you truly understand the series you collect then many of the prior purchases seem to need upgraded. Liquidating those pieces will get you some cash to purchase the coins that will benefit your collection overall later on.

Some collectors here keep everything they have purchased. 3 and 4 upgrades with many doubles of same coins but different grades. Me --- I only want the best one I have or "can get" and trade or sell the rest to others that are building a set. :)

Later---Rick

Thanks Bud but I added a group Sunday with that purchase (vumc409's Rank #14 NGC list set value = $12,500) that will exhaust funds for a few months. :grin:

You could click the banner below and send me a message next time. The Warden might get upset from possible selling here on the boards. ;)

Rick