• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what I learned posted by lanebrad

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Coin tales from vacation

Hello collectors

I leaned a few things on vacation about coins which is a good thing 1st there were a lot of homemade slab coins most graded as good coins yes that was on the coin as thee grade the slabs make nice coin holder, but that's about it. I call then basement made lots and lots of coins like that at one coin shop. also some dealer push there own ideas when it was clear what I was looking for Franklin and Kennedy proofs. 1. didn't have any coins I was looking for he said that there not worth his time JFK normally don't cost a lot so I can see that but they are still some out there. I saw a Franklin Proof in what was sold as an old pCGS holder it had a dot matrix printed label, which I didn't know anything about, so not knowing I didn't buy the coin and the coin looked like it was tied on the tire of the car it was very dark no tone or luster just black.

Lane

See more journals by lanebrad

Lane,

I will guarantee ---- NO BLACK COINS!! :grin:

PCGS matrix print label. That was probably a very nicely toned coin when graded!! Beautiful toning is not really a great thing to have on a coin. Now you have seen what it turns into in 10 years or so with heat and humidity.

IT GROWS!!! Like a fungus or weed. :)

Later Bud----Rick