• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC certified Classic set 1834 through 1838. Nice set!

2 posts in this topic

As I close in on completing my liberty half eagle set I have decided that to afford the rarities I will need to buy I will need to sell other prized coins fom my collection to finance the new purchases. I was always very picky when buying slabs because the beauty is all that matters to me, technical grades mean nothing if the coin is unattractive!

Please make private offers at cpp67625@centurytel.net.

PLEASE- no unreasonable offers, no wholesale offers, I'm a collector and pay premium prices for premium coins for my collection. Quick returns WILL be accepted if you aren't 100% happy, I believe that no one should be stuck with a coin that they don't like. Enough talk, here it is:

1834 NGC AU53, nicer than graded, fully original patina. I do not mean to infer that this is an AU58 but it looks nicer than some 58's that I have seen floating around out there!

1835 NGC AU55, average 55 but again, original patina and prooflike surfaces.

1836 NGC AU55, well above average for the grade, looks like many AU58's on the market today. Very clean and lustrous, well worth the premium I paid.

1837 NGC AU53, another premium piece with great luster for the date and at the top of the grade, a definite candidate for resubmission because it looks better than most AU55's I have viewed.

1838 NGC AU58, a true gem AU with every bit of eye appeal of the other four.

I doubt you will find an assembled and well matched set of Classic half eagles but if you did, they couldn't hold a candle to this one in the AU grade range! I love lustrous uncirculated mark-free early gold and this set is as close to the eye appeal of quality BU early gold as you will find in AU holders. Feel free to offer on the set or on an individual piece.

I will post photos as soon as I figure out how. Thank you for looking!